- V8 in Chrome, Opera, Edge.
- SpiderMonkey in Firefox.
- Some others are like Chakra, SquirrelFish, Nitro etc.
- Add Tags, change styling, modify content.
- It can manipulate user side data known as local storage.
- It makes developers work with cookies.
Following are some examples
- The webpages are not allowed to access users camera or mic until and unless the user explicitly permits them to do so.
- Browser is only allowed to work on a file if the user performs some actions like attaching a file.
- Browser tabs/windows do not know about each other but there are times when they are required to open a new tab i.e: opening a link in a new tab. But even in this case, 1 tab cannot manipulate the other tab/window.
- It can make request calls over the internet to the server but even in this case also its ability to access another tab using the URL is crippled.
- It is highly compatible with HTML and CSS.
- It has a huge community.
- Easy to learn for beginners.
- It is an incredibly expressive and powerful language.
Following are some examples of such languages
- TypeScript is one of the most popular languages which is getting hype in the market. It introduces “strict data typing”.
- Flow was developed by Facebook. It also added Data typing like previous languages like Java.
- Kotlin is a modern programming language that can target the browser.